11.26.2004

God Hates 20/20

Matthew ShepardSometimes I amaze myself with my ability to not reach a certain optimum level of anger. Just when I think that there's no possible way that I could get even this much angrier... I'm proven wrong. ABC's "20/20", a POS program since Hugh Downs left, is airing an "expose" about Matthew Shepard's butchers, claiming that he wasn't killed for being gay.

Uh-huh. And I suppose next we'll uncover shocking new evidence that the World Trade Center was destroyed because it was blocking the view of Staten Island? Maybe Ann Frank was sent to the camps to improve her penmanship? Are these freaks for real?

Well, fuck 'em. Play revisionist history all you want. Nobody with even an ounce of intelligence is going to buy it. Which means that 51% of Amurkins are gonna be sitting in the squalor of their double-wide breeder castles tonight, all smug and sayin' to each other, "Well, ya see, they killed that faggot 'cuz they wanted his money. Shit, I always torture Cletus and tie him to a fence and leave him for dead when I need some meth-money, too. Pass the pork rinds."

Do me a favor - check some of the amazingly hateful posts on ABCs message board.

Over and over, people keep telling me that "they don't hate gay people, they just aren't 'comfortable'." Yeah? Fuck you. As a matter of fact, I'm starting my own pet meme: these wastes of protoplasm should now and forevermore be referred to as "Flaming Fundies". Yup. And worse, they're not content to pervert the word of God with their behavior, but they actively recruit children! That's fucking sick!

Where am I going with this? I don't fucking know, I'm so pissed right now that I think I could really use a drink. Or a shotgun. Maybe both.

Don't watch the show. Or, watch it if you have a strong stomach and a very high double-think threshhold. Email these motherfuckers and let them know what you think. And please do not buy into the "love the sinner, hate the sin" oral diarrhea. Trust me, when they're through vilifying us gay folk, they'll find another target. And I really don't want to have to sit next to a bunch of liberal philosophy professors in the the Gulag God's Universal Love And Generosity camp.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Excellent. You rant good. So good.

I hope you never suffer from laryngitis.

Kate S., Alaska

12/02/2004 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home