11.08.2004

Angry Homo

I can hear you already. "Why do you have to call it 'Angry Homo'? Why can't it just be 'Concerned Gay Guy' or 'Conversations with a member of the LGBT Community', or maybe even 'Not All Gay Folks Are Great Decorators'?"

Fuck that. And fuck anybody who even thinks about placating the 'non-confrontational' buttwipes. I'm not here to make peace. I'm not here to engage in a "dialogue" (how I fucking hate that use of the word. Come the Revolution(tm), Social Workers will have a lot to answer for.) To deliberately misquote Scarlett O'Hara, "As God is my witness, I shall never be an Apologist again".

Angry? You fucking bet I'm angry. And before I start hearing from the Language Police; guess what? I don't give a fuck! As a matter of fact, "fuck" happens to be a perfectly good Anglo-Saxonism by way of a Germanic root (don't believe me? read this. Go ahead. I'll wait.)

Great. Now then, there are plenty of things in this world more obscene than a mere word. Torture? Obscene. Fascism? Obscene. Poverty? Obscene. Corporate control of the media, the government and every other facet of public life? Anyone? Venture a guess? Yes, indeed. Fucking obscene. So for those of you who can't look past language to actually pay attention to the concept being communicated... go back to watching PAX TV and let the rest of us with a functioning fucking brain get on with it.

Still with me? Good. Please keep up, no dawdling, and I will not repeat the salient points for those of you with the attention span of the average Fundamentalist "Christian". Yes, "Christian". In quotations. These folks have swerved so far from the actual teachings of Jesus, you'd think they'd been reading a 3rd-hand copy of a Klingon translation of a Chinese adaptation of a Braille version of a Comedy Central edition of the King James Bible. With illustrations by Salvador Dali.

Please, please, don't run for the hills. Mainly because if lightning's gonna strike, it'll find ya there too. This is not going to be a continuing rant-site against the Christofascists. I've got plenty of fish to fry; it just so happens that the little "fish" sticker on the back of their SUV is one of them. But by no means the only one.

Those poor souls who know me, know that I've always been opinionated...

{no, really? we never noticed...}

Shutthefuckup. As I was saying, I've always had opinions, and I've always been aware of politics, if not always politically active. OK, so I worked on Dick Snelling's reelection campaign for governor of Vermont in the early 80's (only because he was going to keep the drinking age at 18... never let it be said that I don't have priorities.) and I worked for the ad agency that did the media for Joe Brennan's (failed) run for another term as Maine's governor in 1994. But I've never been one of those people who watches C-SPAN for fun. Don't think I ever will be one, actually, but then again some of those book discussions are mighty compelling.

But what brought all this on was Black Tuesday. Yup, the so-called "election" of Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004.

More on the shenanigans of the voting process later. But, bottom line, I stared at the results and thought...

"Fuck. Me."

OK. So, 11 states passed anti-marriage laws (some of which also went so far as to overturn domestic partner benefits offered by individual cities. More on that anon). So, the Worst. President. Ever. squeaked by and posted another "victory" (again, more anon).

The worst part for me (and after all, it's all about me; being a card-carrying Progressive has its solipsistic perks) was realizing that a working majority of the residents of this country had literally lost their fucking minds.

Now then, those aforementioned poor souls who know me...

{shh... don't say anything and he won't yell at us again...}

Stopthefuckingwhispering. These rather chatty poor souls know that there's one thing that I absolutely will not suffer. Not gladly. Not, in fact, at all.

Sheer. Fucking. Stupidity.

Stu*pid"i*ty, n. [L. stupiditas: cf. F. stupidit['e].] 1. The quality or state of being stupid; extreme dullness of perception or understanding; insensibility; sluggishness.


Fundamentalist "Christians"? yup.
Log Cabin Republicans? oy.
"Security Moms"? stop sniffing the Lemon Pledge.
The "I don't do politics" crowd? Great. Save me a space next to you at the Gulag.

Please note, that stupidity is not the same as ignorance.

Ig"no*rance, n. [F., fr. L. ignorantia.] 1. The condition of being ignorant; the want of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.


Yeah, I'm probably preaching to the choir at this point; the ever-elusive "undecided voter" turned out to be the "willfully moronic voter who just wanted the election to be over with so it didn't interfere with Supermodel Fear Factor."

But bottom line, it'll make me feel better. And after all, isn't that what being a Progressive is all about?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheesus Crust said...

Pretty much, these people aren't any more Christian than I am, and I'm a gad damn atheist.

Glad to see someone that doesn't pull punches.

11/16/2004 10:25 PM  
Blogger tas said...

With all the progblogs that decided to pull the plug after the election, it's good to see a blogger getting into it because of that farce . I'm also not sure who uses the f-word more, you or me...

11/26/2004 7:04 AM  
Blogger NeoYankee said...

Thanks, Roxanne. I do tend to have "Julia Sugarbaker" moments every now and again. As I said on tas's blog, this really started as nothing more than some cheap therapy after the election, but now that real live people actually read this stuff, I guess I should try to raise the level of my prose.

Nah. Fuck it.

Thanks for your kind welcome to blogworld.

11/26/2004 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home